The tour takes between three and a half and four hours in the company of a professional guide in comfortable tourist vehicles, and includes:
1. Convent of Santo Domingo,the oldest in South America, built and founded in 1540 on the site of the Inca Temple of the Sun, or Qoricancha, once the most important shrine in the Inca empire and said to have been covered in gold and silver sheets. .
2. The Cathedral Basilica, built in the Renaissance style between 1556 and 1654, and and decorated with important paintings from the “Cusco School of Painting” and a magnificent choirstall and pulpit carved in cedar.
3. Sacsayhuaman, this monolithic temple was known as the "House of the Sun" by the Incas and simply as the “Fortress” by the Spanish.
4. Q´enqo,A limestone outcrop temple dedicated to Mother Earth
5. Tambomachay, A temple site dedicated to the worship of water..